Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Little Miss Blue's outfit





I expect my readers to know me well enough to have guessed that I am proud of being the mom to a little girl who wears a spiderman costume even though she is a girl (and gets lots of smiles and encouragement for it from her friend's parents and her teachers too). But some days she just likes wearing a dress. Even better, a dress that flies around her when she swirls, and better yet, a dress and a cape for her to fly for real, she says. She was pleased with this birthday gift that I made for her, ignored it for the first 24h, as often with clothes, and apparently adopted it as the official "little Miss Blue's" outfit.

The dress is a copy of a pink jersey dress that Cristiano bought for Leila in South Africa, which has grown with both of them to now fit Coline as a three-year-old. I sort of cut the mold around the original dress and it being bell-shaped made it easy to fit loosely around Coline. For the cape, though, I can offer a pattern in this book: 

Click here for a link to "Growing up Sew Liberated". I recommand this book for whoever likes making cute and useful gifts for little people. It offers a range of fun projects with patterns, accessible techniques and easy-to-follow descriptions for beginners. I am grateful to my friend who regularly lends it to me.

1 comment:

  1. Little Princess Blue and her two wings-holders Princesses...
    Or Spidergirl.(I prefer dressed with the cape, and guess what I saw in a shop ( only Catalunian shops can have that) : Spider girl' gloves, and Spidergirl's teeshirt !
    and if the cape makes almost really fly...
    Fuiiiiiiit, till next time !
    thanks for these beautiful pics and texts,
    love,
    MC;



    ReplyDelete