Monday, May 14, 2012

Leila's activities

I was going to talk about what Leila plays, but after I made a little mental list I decided to entitle this post Leila's activities - same, same. Leila likes to dress up, like a princess or a ballerina, and make up too. She fancies particularly the dresses and skirts that I sew for her as she plays with my sewing stuff while Coline sleeps, on week-ends. Her being grateful for what I make for her obviously drives my productivity. She likes playing mummy and daddy with daddy, mummy and daughter with her friends, school and hide and seek with us and Coline, she likes racing with me, and sewing too, writing, creating presents for her friends, painting, she likes climbing and sliding down chairs and hills, jumping down steps and furniture, helping with meal preparation, baking cakes, and she masters the skills of sticking a spoon on her nose.

What a glorious age it is to be almost 4! and how fun it is for us too. I cannot imagine that any other time will be better than now, with a 4 year-old and a 1-year old, one out of the tantrum phase, the other not yet in it, so much laughter, so up for anything we suggest. Yesterday was mother's day and I was so grateful to be me, with my family.

And did I mention that they both are amazing clowns?











Lunches have been difficult lately and Leila has not been very keen to go to school, but my secret weapon has been lunch at the park near our house, what a wonderful moment we had.












4 comments:

  1. You make me want to have your life, I love reading about what you and the girls are up to and I love hearing in your posts how very happy and content you are with your life. Happy mothers day Gwen, la vie est belle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After having a full laughter, at your description of our two little clowns, and admiring the pics', and how you handle the "no" situation , I suddenly realize....
    I didn't think of wishing Your Mother's day !
    (it's a bit odd for me to say that to my daughter, but indeed, you are a Mum too;)
    Funny to think, but I wish you, a bit late, a very happy and funny Mother's Day !
    XXXXXXXXXXX,
    mamie Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyeuse fête des mères à toutes les mamans and maman-to-be!
    Merci de partager tout ça avec nous.
    Des bises tendres.
    Vivement cet été!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ce mois de Mai à Toulouse:
    10°C , pluie et vent , alors que les maillots de bain sont sur toutes les pub, ça m'agaaaace !
    vivement un vrai été !un peu plus chaud que juillet dernier, mais moins qu'août...
    enfin, vivement l'été...c'était bien au coin du feu chez ma copine, le 21mai !
    Bizzzzzzzzzzzouxxxxxxx,
    MCl;

    ReplyDelete