Friday, July 13, 2012

Beanie

Here it is, the first beanie I ever knitted, as easy as knitting a square.



As I do not know how to read a pattern I improvised, probably spent more time un-knitting than knitting but learnt a lot in the process. That yarn is fabulous because it is very soft on the skin, and all natural. I have had a tendency to resent synthetic materials in the past few years, quite an uncomfortable position for a polymer chemist but much more sensible to me. The beanie is a bit floppy, which I like too. I have not experience in yarn selection. I loved this one and bought it in many colors to "fix" Leila's jerseys which neck was too wide or too rough and it did the trick. What a pity that Coline does not allow anything to cover her head, I was keen to knit another one. Anyway, I ran out of yarn. Does this justify a trip to SA? By the way, I hope I find a way to reach the ladies of Scarecrow organics and let them know that I am thankful for their inspiration. They have such a wonderful range or hand-knits in their shop that I felt inspired to do the same.

6 comments:

  1. J'adoooore !
    Algrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joli !
    pour avoir de la laine, peut-être détricoter un pull ou une écharpe pas utilisés ?
    MC;

    ReplyDelete
  3. ou alors rendre visite a sa maman?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely constiitues a trip to SA....I mean cant have you buying second grade synthetic fibres for the girls now can we? When are you off to France? Going to Greece for a 'last' holiday in the sun before baby arrives next week but only for a week :(. Maybe we c each other in France next year?( will take Jrn to meet his/her French family) That would be awesome! Missing you here Gwen.bisou

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lee-Sa, yet I want to see you in France next year! Enjoy your holiday in Greece! Perhaps next time you and your sisters meet up in Brasil?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes!
    I too, will be glad to see Lee-sa and "Jnr" in France !

    Gwen, there are lots of different new wools in my house, nearly a full range...
    Luv',
    MC...

    ReplyDelete