Thursday, January 31, 2013

indoor mushroom again

The least I could say is that we are going through humid times. That would be subjective. Therefore I will just let the mushroom that grew on our windowsill illustrate this time of the year. It grew like a mushroom, without us noticing it until it was this big. After taking the pic I carefully removed it, not so sure if the ocher powder it sprinkled around itself was safe to have in a house where not only mushroom live, but people too. I have been trying to act as if the rain did not affect the things we do, such as going out for walks with the girls and Tintin, with gumboots and rain coats of course, but was reminded that I do not like this constant feeling of being wet, when we ran out of dry underwear. This is where we were rescued by my friend and her tumble dryer, and I am very grateful for that. The girls made a thank you yogurt-almond-oats-and-chocolate cake and we all enjoyed having the oven on, not for the heat, but for a little added dryness.





As I write, rather late tonight, samba music is on our street as Ouro Preto warms up for Carnival, officially starting on my birthday this year. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. About mushrooms, I heard that the most beautiful the colour, the most poisonous it is ;
    How are you, all those who touched it?
    Seems to me like the world inside out, or the reverse...
    After 3 days of Springtime nice weather, in France, (17°C), cold winds are back again, Freeze !
    Love and XXXX, MC.
    And as for nice dry clothes : Idea!
    hair dryer in a small room, (with oxygen), or in a nearly closed cupboard...
    Brilliant or not? you'll tell me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Une journée d'anniversaire, un carnaval, vite, vite j'attends les photos ...
    Bon, au dodo!
    j'ai les pieds gelés et pourtant le radiateur est presque aussi chaud que chez GrannyGranpapa !
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    MCl.

    ReplyDelete