Friday, January 10, 2014

Some stuff to feel good and our pancake recipe

Today, this made my day.

:: My facebook page opened onto this, and I stuck to it


:: My kitchen wall speaks to me in these words: "This day is a gift, breathe and notice."




:: Leila and I remembered the laugh we had last night when Scratchy helplessly clung onto a sliding blanket to try and not fall off her bed.

:: Coline, in her underwear, hands in a fist, on her waist, spoke out to Thembile (the dog) in these words: "I am Buzz lightyear, I come in peace".



:: there is rocket, swiss chard, parsley and rasberries in my veggie patch.



:: I found two hours of sewing in the middle of the afternoon, just like that. Bonus: both Coline and I like the apron that came out of these two hours.



:: we had pancakes on the terrace, in the sun, with our landlady and here is the recipe:

200 g white wheat flour (as mine was discovered to have turned into mold, I used wholewheat flour and added an extra egg and it turned out fine. I sure will do it again)
50 g brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 large eggs
250 mL whole milk
1 tea spoon vanilla extract
1 tea spoon orange blossom water
50 g butter, melted
Mix all dry ingredients. Add eggs into the dry mixture and beat with a wooden spoon adding a little milk at a time. Add vanilla extract and orange blossom water. Add melted butter while stirring continuously. Pour half a ladle of dough on a pancake-size pan (no need to butter the pan). Cook until bubbles form on the surface, flip over and cook for another 20 s. Enjoy straight from the pan (my way), with banana slices (Leila's), blueberry jam (Coline's) or your own way and don't forget to let me know about it!



:: My sweetheart acted like one and introduced me to this music by John Butler and I was stunned (make sure to watch how he plays his guitar).

:: After a whole day spent in our home just the girls and I, I witnessed Leila falling asleep as I sang to her, and later on Coline fall asleep on her bed, on my chest, her favorite spot to fall asleep to this day.

As I write these lines the air is filling up with the smell of granola for breakfast tomorrow. A sweet, sweet day.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks again, for these words and pics of happiness !
    le bonheur est juste à portée de nos mains !
    just be ready to feel it ...and let's try to be on the phone at the same time ...
    I try Skyp.
    love and joy and understanding,
    MC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwen, adoro passar por aqui, ver vocês e diminuir um pouquinho das saudades! Já estou copiando a receita das panquecas para o Nícolas. Beijos, beijocas e beijásculos para vocês!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Déjà tant de jours, presqu'un mois depuis votre départ !
    pas trop difficile, le retour back to day-to-day life, but with changes?
    comment se passe l'entrée à l'école des Minettes?
    des pics?
    love and kisses,
    mam'C

    ReplyDelete