Sunday, April 6, 2014

many more (puppy) lives

In the play house today we welcomed many more little beings. I was deeply touched at attending the very first birth of my life that wasn't mine or my daughter's (and how strange it is when I think about it). Oh what a beautiful day, one where I got to see sunrise as Cris woke me up on his way to a town far away for a week, how immensely more awake I felt when he said Thembile was digging under the terrace and hiding away, and many hours and cuddles and panting later, seven tiny maowing puppies on their simply professionnal first time mum. It is hard to keep it out of my mind that finding a home for all seven of them is not going to be a piece of cake, but today was just about being together and life, the beginning of it, being just perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely ...bravo young Thembiley ! What an early time to wake up and give birth ...
    (pour les French-speakers, je viens d'entendre la création d'un nouveau mot :
    "tôtif", comme tardif...);)
    She looks like a good new mother (I remember a young shecat who kept on forgetting her miaowing little ones...)
    But, I wonder : how many tits has a dog?
    not 7, that's certain !
    Which will be the odd one?
    Love, and kisses to littles and big,
    MC.


    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh purée 7! Nom d'un chien! Des bisous et bonne chance! Marion du côté gauche

    ReplyDelete