Friday, March 16, 2012

I will be grateful for this day

This week, Coline ate mash (potato and pumpkin) and this is rare enough to be mentioned,
we had these extravagant flowers (in a vase) in the kitchen and collected hundreds of seeds with the hope of getting them to grow one day in the garden at the back of our house, which we yet have to find,
I got together seeds, shells and stones to make myself a peaceful spot in the house and it turned into Coline's toolbox to mix and match,
and throw and taste and more,
and then turned into a family full of children, a house, a classroom in Leila's pretend play,
my little cousin and I made rye bread,
and I got myself ready for the week-end.

Week-ends here have had a tendency of being trickier than the rest of the week. We have noticed that Cristiano in particular tends to get sick or incredibly tired on Fridays, is flat on Saturdays, hardly survives Sundays and is fresh up and running on Mondays, while I suffer from terrible mood, and so when I came across this poster on the web I decided to make my own for our home and stick to it. After all, it does apply to every day, even today, when the 4 of us have the flu and it is raining outside and the girls complained the whole day. But out of the blue Leila also came to me and said I love you, I played ball on the kitchen floor with Coline and Tintin, saw him run in the park with his ears flapping in the wind, made delicious chicken soup, chatted with my mum, received amazing news from a friend far away and so I am grateful for today, and will try to remember so when I wake up too early tomorrow morning and get greeted with something like "I want cereal" or "oinnnnnnn".

1 comment:

  1. Love that : I am grateful for today !!!!
    xxx Algrid

    ReplyDelete