Sunday, June 17, 2012

Coline's book

Coline eventually received her first birthday present from me. I had just skipped it thinking that these things did not matter to her yet, but as I was busy making Leila's presents I started feeling differently. I wanted to make something that she would enjoy and that she would (perhaps) be happy to see in a few years time. And so in between some nights of sewing for Leila I started sorting pictures and thinking of what it is that she would like to see, then I cut and glued and drew and wrote and put together this book of things and moments that 1-year-old Coline likes. Books and seeing herself on a picture are things that she loves, so no wonder that she liked her present too. I do like seeing her enjoy it and feel proud about having made it. Her face, actually her whole body tells a story when she finds a picture that she likes. It feel great to share her excitement.




2 comments:

  1. En effet, cela semble la passionner entièrement !
    et sa "grande" soeur aussi ...
    Enfin, LE livre qu'elle recherchait depuis longtemps !
    ***************************
    mc;

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way she uses and puts her fingers on the pictures, so assertive !
    MCl.

    ReplyDelete