Sunday, April 15, 2012

fun with colors - playdough recipe




I felt like finishing what I was busy with and so Coline, Tintin and Scratchy had 20 min of freedom in the living room.

I was checking on them every 5 min and found that they were doing great together.

I guess that next time I will have to make it in 15 min.

(that was blue and green chalk that she chewed)

And now for something completely different, even though it could also have ended up in Coline's mouth and resulted in the same color, our playdough recipe.
1 cup cake flour
1/2 cup salt
1 cup water
10 mL cream of tartar
10 mL vegetable oil
food coloring

The way we do it is that Leila measures and combines all ingredients (started with the oil) in a non-stick pan. Then I cook it on the stove on low heat, while constantly stirring, until the ingredients are all combined and a dough is obtained (as opposed to a gooey mix). We let it cool down for as long as Leila can stand it (5 min?) and work the food coloring powder into the dough. This time I added lavender oil too.






2 comments:

  1. 5 mns !
    can be so short for an adult or so long for a child...
    Time is like an elastic band .
    so funny ideas in a child's mind...
    Carefull ,
    mamie C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I am expected the ISS (international social services), I assume it is wise to mention that Coline was in the room next to where I was and so I could hear her and see her by simply lifting my head from my work and I did not even remove any sharp knives, glass items or rusty metal pieces, because there are none where she is allowed to stay. I was saddened that I had forgotten about the colored chalk and wished she had not sucked on any of it, even though she very likely ingested less colorant that Leila will today at her school birthday party.

    I hope everybody will sleep better tonight.

    ReplyDelete