Tuesday, April 3, 2012

mail

I fell in love at first sight with some people and they became my best friends. One of them is the friend who sent me this book. And there I was on this Tuesday afternoon taking a quiet read and happy moment with an author I also fell in love with. Here is a link to her website http://www.emilygravett.com/, and a big thank you (THANK YOU!) for this wonderful surprise in the post today.
I am pleased to report this international post success story but also felt like sharing a word of warning: it does not always work so smoothly. Two Christmas parcels from SA did not arrive, as well as one from Germany, and I once had to pay the equivalent of the value of the goods declared on the parcel to the customs and their state counterpart. It made me feel sad when my friend's presents did not arrive and so I would like to recommend this:
- avoid sending parcels at Christmas (that is, avoid sending in November - December)
- get a tracking number from the post-office (in some countries this can be done without having to pay as much as registered or express mail)
- lie about the content and its value: nothing organic (from the earth, I mean), and a value lower than 50 US Dollars.

Oh how good I feel when I get mail in my hands.

6 comments:

  1. Muaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, ma belle Gwen. Je me délecte de ma récente lecture au sujet des recettes de gâteaux Miam!
    Des bisous a mes jolies princesses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nothing organic?
    paper, cotton, nothing to eat, do you mean ?, no chocolate, nor cheese, nor cochonaille?
    ohhhhhhhhhhh!
    I risk for the chocol...
    (chuuuut)
    mc.
    gros bisous de bonne nuit !

    ReplyDelete
  3. On est fan de ce livre ici, découvert lors de notre voyage en Irlande il y a 2 ans :)
    Je t'envoie, certes par les ondes, des bisous pluvieux mais bon-hum-heureux ! Algrid

    ReplyDelete
  4. Au fait, by the way (quel fait ou quel way?),
    je t'ai dit que le colis de Mars est parti, le 3 ou 4 Avril?
    quand va-t-il te parvenir...????
    BiZZZZ,
    MCl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think chocolate is OK, but fear that someone else at the customs may want it (do not tell them that I think they are crooks, it is a secret).
    My favorite so far from Emily Gravett is the first one we received as a present too: The odd egg. what a laugh!
    I'll be keeping my fingers crossed, even though it is hard to type, for the other parcels to reach destination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could just keep your toes crossed, so that it remains handy for your fingers typing, but not for too much time (let's hope less than 3 weeks), to avoid toetwists...

    ReplyDelete