Friday, October 26, 2012

glue

"I'm sticking with you
'Cause I'm made out of glue
anything that you might do
I'm gonna do too."

The Velvet Underground sang it and with illustrate this every day. That includes the cat (who thinks he is a dog) and the dog (who thinks he is a child). So when I say that I am going to sew, this is what happens:

And when I start taking some pictures, this is what happens:




And you get to see these pics because I really like her style (Leila's, I mean. because Coline's style so far is limited to thick blurry finger pics).

And when Leila grabs facepaint for herself, this is what happens:

Let us not be fooled, we all end up being inspired by one another, this is no unidirectional copying. Coline-inspired Leila has been using blue more than ever, Coline repeats every word that Leila says and I have been dancing in the living room. Sometimes I'd rather hold on to my camera, my piece of knitting, my book, my computer, my conversation, my yoga class, my French lesson or my own free time, and expect the girls to learn to count or pee in the loo when I please, but I slowly come to appreciate how much we benefit from our tendency to mimic one another, how quickly and easily they learn when they just want to do like me, Cristiano, the cat, or one another. I actually do remember this too, when Leila and Coline fight over the same toy, the same seat, the same pen, and over me as well.

A few more pics, because I love painted faces. Leila was a tiger (she has been quite angry - at me - lately) and Coline was surprised when she saw herself in the mirror after she had grabbed the make up that Leila had negligently abandoned after use.






2 comments:

  1. Laughter and tears, for me, on discovering these beautiful make ups, clothes demo, activities...
    Fortunately, the pictures show only lovely good faces, even blue!
    What is funny too, is when cats come and seem to read on your books, just to pretend to do the same as you...
    Identification, imitation and some time later, find one's style ...Nature wonder !
    MC;

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, what is the flowery skirt or dress which Coline likes after Leila?
    (this is a way to get more pics...I hope ...)
    love and understanding, and humour,
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXX,
    MC.

    ReplyDelete