Tuesday, October 2, 2012

to paint a butterfly

Some time ago, Leila and I found a dead butterfly on the street near our house. I suggested that we took it home to use it as a model for painting a butterfly. She got very excited with this idea. 

I like her interpretation of what I said. I obviously thought that she was going to paint a drawing of a butterfly, not on the butterfly itself. That day she was happy and proud. I let her use my sewing machine. She sat on my lap, kept on reminding me not to forget my fingers when they got close to the needle, and carefully held the material herself. She called me "caca pourrite", but that was only because she had spent much time with Maela the week before.



4 comments:

  1. Il parait énooorme, ce butterfly, et solide, en plus ! du style de ceux qu'on peut peindre dessus !
    ça donne des idées inimaginables pour des gens du nord ....habitués aux petits papillons fragiles de nos contrées ! Surprise !
    bravo l'artiste canaillou !
    bzzzz,
    MC;



    ReplyDelete
  2. Es tu vraiment tout à fait sure que c'est une bonne idée de l'inciter à lire Amélie Notomb dès maintenant ? J'ai comme un 'tit doute...
    Bisoux ! Algrid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remarque, Amélie va être à Toulouse le 11, et si c' comme l'autre fois, il faudra se pointer de très, très bonne heure pour arriver à entrer dans la salle !
    Tout l'étage était rempli de la file d'attente...
    mais je n'y ai pas remarqué de fan aussi jeune ;
    mc;

    ReplyDelete