Friday, October 12, 2012

since we are back

Since we came back from France, here is what we have been doing. We have mostly been living everyday according to our peaceful schedule of swimming lessons or French classes in the morning and quiet or manual artyvities in the afternoon followed by a trip to the "parquinho" in the afternoon. We felt very lucky because two new playgrounds have appeared last month, just as mushrooms after the rain, as well as Ouro Preto's first (proper) football pitch with stands and a running track where Leila can practice kick scooter. Coline looooves painting, drawing, writing, sorting, reading and watching cartoons in English. She has started translating, just like Leila used to do, particularly in that cute and determined way they have to inform their daddy of the french version of what he tells them. Blue is her favorite colour for paint, clothes, shoes, cuttlery, cars, birds and well I guess all the rest.














 At the moment I am into knitting challenging stuff, in my rare spare time, thanks to the knitting book I got myself from Amazon and some beautifully colorful wool from my mum. I also started Biodanza, which I did rather because I could not find yoga classes at a convenient time and place. It has been slightly too intense for me so far. I experienced it almost as a kind of shock self-psychotherapy, which I am not against but I feel that I have to take it slow. To start with, a whole hour and a half for me to take care of myself feels like a lot, given that the rest of the week I spend it with my two little girls who do not sleep during the day, and if they do then at night I feel like sleeping before they start yawning. Challenging times but oh so sweet.




2 comments:

  1. Le Monde en rose et en bleue et plein de couleurs!
    plus une grosse bête à câlins toute noire qui ne se laisse pas oublier sur les photos;
    Et si on donnait l'idée de peindre un chien, ce serait comme pour le papillon?
    bizzzzzzouxxxx,
    MC;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwen, adorei as "artes" com as meninas. Gosto muito de estar com vocês quando vou à Ouro Preto. Beijos para Leila e Coline na pontinha do nariz e um abraço bem dobradinho para você!Michelle.

    ReplyDelete